Not unlike most sports, there is a certain dress code whilst playing bowls. However, unlike other sports, there are variations depending on when you are playing.
So here we try and clarify for you:-
• Players, markers and umpires shall wear smooth soled heel-less shoes
and comply with the dress code set out below when on the green and during pre and post match social activity.
• The Club shirt shall be worn at all matches, competitions and Club final days. Ladies may wear royal blue over their top.
• At weekends, white shall be worn below the waist.
• Midweek, mixed and men's matches, grey shall be worn below the waist unless otherwise indicated on the Fixture Card.
• Smart white or grey shorts may be worn with the Club shirt.
• At Roll Ups, Mixed Drives and Club Nights casual clothing may be worn.
• The wearing of open-toed footwear is not permitted on the green in all circumstances, including during maintenance work (for health and safety purposes).